Wednesday, 30 March 2016

evaluation

Evaluation
For are project we had to create a website using the website called wix. This allows you to create a website for free to showcase your work if you want or even advertise your business or anything else but used it as a portfolio for are work that is online.

For are research we had to search up wix websites (three of them) and say what we like about them and what we would change about the websites so the ones I choice were really good in my opinion there was nothing really wrong with them although there were something I would change like this one right below it’s a great website showing off some fantastic animations but finding the drop down tab to take you to different pages if kind of hard to find so that’s one of things I would of changed about this website and this was our research doing this three times and I found it helpful to be honest because it showed me different things I could possible do with my website.
Also for are research we had to show different templates for are work which we could possibly use are actual website and say why we were thinking of using this specific one over all the other ones on the website so the three I choice were


My research flounced my work massively with me see what people have done with their websites putting things on different pages constantly and never grouping there work with something else it’s all separate work on one page so that’s what I did with my work if have green screen work on one page I would have something completely different on the next page and this is to keep the readers interest in what the person is reading instead of looking at one massively long block of text about everything on one page. It also showed me what sort of pictures I could actually put on my website as some of the work my not fit my website so well so looking at other post by other people putting photos on their website really helped as well.

I feel like I did well on this project personally I finished my website really early on and just kept adding to its though out the weeks like when we finished are green screen piece of work I added the actually video of it which was uploaded to YouTube and on my research I feel like it was really well as I did everything I needed to on it and a bit more as I explained what is on the website how it could be improved and what is good about the website when all we needed to do was talk about the website so I feel this project went well.
I do feel like there are something’s to be improved on like what is on my website because I finished quite early I don’t have everything I wanted on it but by slowly adding it I kept forgetting to add things instead of doing it all at once so this is one thing I could of improved on in my opinion.
I personally learnt a lot in this project about time management because I finished quite early so I did not have much to do in these last couple of weeks so ive been doing other work and catching up on work like my personal project so one is time management. Secondly I learnt how to use wix as I had no idea it even existed before this project as I have never need to create a website before so this website made it really simple and easy to do however it’s not always easy to get on as we learned in one lesson where it would not load for anyone at all so that’s another thing I learnt.
There are lots of benefits to using interactive media for are portfolio because this way if are employer in the future wants to look at some work we have done in the past he can we give him the website link and he can see right there in then what I’ve done in the past work wise. Also I can constantly keep adding to it as its online so I can access it anywhere around the world so if I do more I can add it to this website if I wanted or even create a new one for new work.

For my peer feedback that i got from people in my group was mainly positive with saying how my website is simple but very effective and showed a good understanding of what ive done this year showing a lot of work however there are a few things people showed me that i could improve like spelling on certain words there was a spelling error on the word graphics where i got the c and the h the wrong way round which is just me typing too fast also some one bought up the stock images which is the background of the website i could of used a picture that i took but felt better using one on the wix website instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment